Subject: Rita Hunter as Norma
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 15 Jun 2017 08:29:58 -0400

I actually liked Rita Hunter's "Norma. At the Met, her Adalgisa
was Von Stade, and the most jarring thing about them was their
physical disparity. The vocalism was pretty good, and Hunter
was able to modulate that huge voice so that the balances
between the two singers were about as good as one could ask.

it is true that Hunter gave little in stage presence, or character,
 but she had no trouble with the music.

Bob