Subject: Re: INCOMPETENCE AT THE TOP? SIGNATURE BAD MANAGEMENT?
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 16 Jun 2017 19:34:08 -0400

The problem is - I just don't - at all - believe that it was "intended as a grand farewell" by
Domingo. Remember way way back, when Domingo first took on Boccanegra and said that he
really just wanted to sing that role, not that he was intending to do baritone rep in general?
(Not in those words, but I do remember him saying that essentially.)

So I don't believe this would have been any sort of farewell.

What's he got planned next? Wotan?