Subject: Donizetti reycled music?
From: spp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 21 Jun 2017 21:10:08 -0400

I recently heard a recording of the Salzburg La Favorite (French version).
In this recording, Donizetti has a 2nd or 3rd act finale (my recording does
not have act breaks) that sounds nearly identical to the second act finale
of Maria Stuarda.  I wonder if he ever did this kind of musical insertion in
his other works (as did Rossini).

Modify your settings: