Subject: Re: Singers taking multiple roles in operas,,YUP!!!
From: Charles Handelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 13 Jun 2017 11:39:40 -0400

I was doing a series of Bohemes in various locations in
concert....Underlined in the score in various colors were Marcello,Schaunrd,
Alcindoro,Benoit..and probably the Customs Officer.
  Ten min.before one show..the COLLINE failed to show...I was asked to be
"Lucine Amara" and sing it.  I "know it in my head"..and the Colline line
was NOT underlined..although I forgot who I was on one line and sang a duet
with Marcello,cracking us up.
   Funny..all the years of ex[posure to an opera allowed a guy who cannoit
read music to "follow the score" and do it...Hiwever, I was
unhappy...because I knoiw Mimi and Musetta...;but at that time my falsetto
was KAPUT!!!