Subject: Re: Singers taking multiple roles in operas
From: Frank Cadenhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 13 Jun 2017 11:39:11 -0400

On Tue, 13 Jun 2017 08:28:37 -0400, Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>

>In Vienna -
>Lucia Popp sang Barbarina, Susanna and the Countess
>many times each.

I was a young soldier in Germany and, because the dollar was then strong, I could
buy tickets to the 1963 Salzburg Festival. At the Nozzi, I was immediately struck
by the Barbarina and looked at the program to find her easy-to-remember name.

Frank Cadenhead

Modify your settings: