Subject: Regina and Zinka
From: Charles Handelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 13 Jun 2017 11:33:39 -0400

Hi..If you go to my Facebook page, you will see some Regina clips.....I
just get CRAZY when I think of the lack of such singing and emotion for the
most part today.
I was thinking of the "Voi lo sapete" as a soprano;she was to make her Met
debut in 1944 in Cavalleria, but Zinka cancelled a Trovatore (gossip tells
me why.....) and so Regina debut was Trovatore. night Regina on the phone did a better Zinka than
Zinka.....saying, "I vas not seeeeck."   Zinka...did you ever look at the
Met Annals??????   I just cracked up, knowing of the arrogance of my
favorite singer.

     I heard rumors about her cancellation...but they are a bit
I do not want to offend anyone as usual.....but I HOPE the "black eye thing"
is true...ooops.

Modify your settings: