Subject: Re: Singers with both Norma and Elektra in repertoire?
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 12 Jun 2017 15:37:55 -0400

Can't answer your question, though Salomea Kruscelnicka sang
the Scala premiere of Elektra and was famous for her broad
rep, including a large number of Italian spinto roles. I'd be more
surprised to find that she didn't than that she did.

But, I do know that Callas should be at the top of the list of Norma,
Turandot, Isolde sopranos.

Bob

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 14:13:35 -0400, Scott Grunow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The only one I can think of was Gwyneth Jones, not that she sang Norma often (I think it
was once or twice somewhere in Germany).