Subject: Re: Real Fake News - Opera vs. Trump (Rossini Edition)
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 9 Jun 2017 00:14:47 -0500

I've played this video at least a dozen times since it first appeared on this Board a few days ago.  It's like a tonic for me.  The only problem is that after analyzing it, "Barbiere" is NOT the opera that comes to mind. Why do I keep thinking of the closing moments of "Samson et Dalila" & "Gotterdammerung"????????
I'd imagine that the Temple of Dagon or Valhalla was built of much sturdier stuff than the present administration in Washington.  Are we witnessing what could be a total administrative collapse?  Who would have imagined that all this would happen so fast and so soon?  No.......I'm not being political.  I'm just reflecting on what I perceive to be real.  Or am I a victim of "banana republic" mentality?????????