Subject: Re: oft-misquoted titles (4)
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 6 Jun 2017 20:03:32 -0400

Although the play seems to have inspired numerous great musical works
in a variety of forms, to my knowledge, Tschaikowsky wrote no ballet on the
subject of R&J.

Ahhh, pet peeves!  Mine is the pronunciation of "Dahn" for Don when
referring
to the opera by Mozart about a rake named Giovanni, especially when he is
vulgarly called "the Don", as if there were no other characters so titled
in opera.

dtmk