Subject: Subject: Re: News about ROH "Don Carlo" May 29 matinee
From: David Shengold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 1 Jun 2017 05:31:08 +0000

 As a high school student I experienced two 'changes of opera' at the Met:
A Price/Domingo/MacNeil/Talvela/Elias/Bacquier/Levine FORZA became ( we were told soprano and baritone were both ill) an instant TOSCA, with Cruz-Romo/Domingo/Wixell/Tajo; Levine--a pretty sensational performance.
Also a Barlow/Kubiak/Varnay ELEKTRA ( even then I sought such things out) ended up being a Jones/Thomas/Blegen/Macurdy/Dooley/ Riegel/Morris; Mauceri FIDELIO, also quite exciting.