Subject: Re: Rossini as Pundit
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 5 Jun 2017 14:27:20 -0400

Humor and parody certainly played their part in exposing the Palin wreck
and will, joke by joke, laugh by laugh do the same with the current Moron
in question.  He virtually writes his own material and has an ego as
fragile as a Meissen shepherdess.  The "mere" (I might suggest "brilliant
is the better word) stringing together of names to music is actually one of
the most powerful means thinking people have to highlight the situation.

Verdi said it best - and of course the music is sublime:

Tutto nel mondo é burla.
L'uom é nato burlone,
La fede in cor gli ciurla,
Gli ciurla la ragione.