Subject: Re: America's Opera Problem?
From: David Shengold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 5 Jun 2017 14:53:04 +0000

Looking at my calendar I realized I left something out of my account of the emptiness Frank diagnoses (from afar) in the American opera scene right now.

Besides RHEINGOLD and Campra's LE CARNIVAL DE VENISE, this week I also hear NYCO's NYC premiere (lest you pounce, there have already been several US iterations, Frank!) of Eotvos' ANGELS IN AMERICA with a promising cast staged by Sam Helfrich.

Bonne semaine a tous!
-David