Subject: Dystopian/Ecological opera
From: Roger Brunyate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 1 Jun 2017 12:35:16 -0400

I am researching an adult course on nature and the arts, called "In the Mirror of Nature." I
want to end it with a session provisionally entitled "When We Fail Nature," bringing in
environmental or, at worst, dystopian themes.

Does anyone know (a) of any contemporary operas (or non-operatic music) written on such
themes, or (b) any significant productions of standard operas that have reflected such
themes?

Thanks! Roger.