Subject: Re: oft-misquoted titles (4)
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 4 Jun 2017 11:15:20 -0400

Many years ago I was listening to a concert from the Met on radio and the announcer

who introduced the singers referred to Milanov as the one singer here today who could

be compared to the Golden Age singers of the past.  And this with Albanese next on the

program after Milanov!  Anyway, he announced her aria as if it were pronounced Packa,

Packa, Mio Dio.   So he was wrong on both counts.

Angelo from Boston