Subject: Re: Question re Nilsson as Senta at the Met
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 1 Jun 2017 12:46:47 -0400

The story has persisted but never verified, that she and
Leonie had an agreement with Bing that she would not sing Senta
and Rysanek would not sing Turandot in that theater.  Nilsson
did sing Senta in Pittsburgh in the mid sixties and it was generally
considered "good, not great". Leonie had a huge success with
Turandot in, I think, 1957, at the San Francisco Opera.

It rings true. Quien sabe?

Bob