Subject: Re: oft-misquoted titles (4)
From: E R B Forman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 4 Jun 2017 11:34:43 +0100

This one reminds me also that Debussy did not write a piece called 'The
Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun' (which puts me in mind of a pre-lunch
cocktail, somehow), he wrote a *Prelude* whose subtitle is 'The Afternoon
of a faun' (the title of course of Mallarmé's poem).
Edward Forman

--
Dr E.R.B. Forman
Senior Lecturer in French