Subject: Re: Are Americans losing their interest in Opera?
From: francis augustus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 4 Jun 2017 19:07:03 +1000

> , but I don't recall his inviting any of the singers to City Hall.

Actually, Mayor Giuliani was especially taken wth Dame Joan, and declared May 6, 1998, Dame John Sutherland Day in New York City, in tribute and thanks to “this magnificent artist”, honouring her at City Hall.

“There is nothing quite like this incomparable Dame”

NYC press release:
http://www.nyc.gov/html/om/html/98a/pr203-98.html <http://www.nyc.gov/html/om/html/98a/pr203-98.html>

John Augustus (Sydney)