Subject: oft-misquoted titles (4)
From: David Shengold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 4 Jun 2017 00:48:38 +0000

My grandmother, whose first opera it was ( starring Emma Eames) was of a generation to refer to 'LA TOSCA", familiar as such from the Sardou play as toured by Sarah Bernhardt, Fanny Davenport and others.

A balletic example would be people saying they went to see" THE NUTCRACKER SUITE".
I had a feather-headed acquaintance  in grad school tell many of us how excited he was at the prospect of Versace's designs for Kiri te Kanawa in "CARPACCIO".

-David Shengold