Subject: Re: Henri in Les Vêpres Siciliennes
From: Michael Lee-Kapsalis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 3 Jun 2017 14:25:05 -0400

Jeffrey & Jean Michel,
Thank you both so much for your responses!!! They are both very informative. My voice
teacher's suggestion was also the last act trio as well. To let you know, I have been asked to
sing the aria and in addition, "something tricky, something out of my comfort zone" from
another selection in the opera.  For me, the aria is a delight! The first act duet is also easy for
me. La Brise Souffle is also easy as I don't sing the D, but neither does the tenor I will be
covering. And the trio is also an easy sing for me. But I sing Calaf and Cavaradossi and Don
Jose and Riccardo. I have looked at the whole role and there does not seem to be anything
that sticks out as "Oh, I better look out there!" like I did for "O Dieu De Quell Ivresse" in
Hoffmann. So I cannot imagine what tricky part he may mean for me to sing. But I will
prepare the aria, and the trio and La Brise Souffle. And maybe also the act 1 duet as I can use
music for any of it.
Thank you both again so much for your inputs!!!
Filakia, Michael