Subject: Re: Are Americans losing their interest in Opera?
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 3 Jun 2017 12:29:08 -0500

Ronald and Nancy Reagan were known to be opera lovers and they made it a habit of inviting world renowned opera stars to sing at the White House.  Richard and Pat Nixon were highly partial to Birgit Nilsson and Beverly Sills, both of whom sang at the White House. Also Leontyne Price.
George W. Bush only knew about "Grand Ol'Opry".  Neither Bush or Obama had any opera singers perform at the White House.  The Clintons, in addition to having Denise Graves, also had Placido Domingo sing at the White House. Trump?  I highly doubt it!