Subject: Re: Are Americans loosing their interest in Opera?
From: Jim Burdett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Jun 2017 22:20:09 -0400

US Presidents used to have opera singers perform at events n the White House or on the Capitol grounds.  I do not recall anything operatic in the last several administrations.  I thought perhaps a Democratic administration  would  have some opera events but nothing to my recollection under Obama.  Not from the blue blood GW Bush either.  I did a search on Obama Opera and all I got was Oprah.