Subject: Re: Dystopian/Ecological opera
From: Roger Brunyate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Jun 2017 10:25:52 -0400

Thank you, Donald. I absolutely agree that both composers (whom I have known about since
high school) are magnificent examples of inspiration from nature.

It would have saved people trouble, though, if I had mentioned that I am myself a
professional musician (opera director, coach, and teacher), so most of the standard
repertoire is known to me. Where I need help is thinking outside the box: newer works that
I have not yet encountered, innovative productions that I have not seen, striking cross-
connections that I had not thought of.

And you have helped nudge me with both your suggestions: TAPIOLA (along with Act II of
SIEGFRIED) for a segment I am doing on Forest Myths, and the "Abschied" from DAS LIED
for a segment on death and the elegy.

So thank you! Roger.