Subject: Re: Dystopian/Ecological opera
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Jun 2017 10:11:31 -0400

You might look into Mahler's DAS LIED VON DER ERDE, and some
of the works of Sibelius: TAPIOLA, THE SWAN OF TUONELA et al;
these are two of the most nature-oriented composers I know of, and
their music is breathtaking. The Mahler, for voice and orchestra, with
some of the most exquisite texts ever set to music, is as thrilling
as any opera, and better than most.

dtmk