Subject: Re: Question re Nilsson as Senta at the Met
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 1 Jun 2017 13:06:48 -0500

Nilsson sang Senta in Chicago in 1958 or 1959 (alongside of Turandot during the same season).   I remember reading somewhere that after 1960, when she began doing Turandot, Isolde, Brunnhilde, and Salome regularly, she had come to feel that Senta was not a good fit for her.  Ditto for Kundry in "Parsifal".  To my knowledge, she never sang Kundry in her entire career, and perhaps a very small number of Sentas.

                                                                                                   L.