Subject: Re: Los Angeles doesn't have an Opera Problem
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 7 Jun 2017 22:59:15 -0400

I have to say, with all the pedant-style talk out here lately, lol, that I have a huge problem
with the use of the phrase "opera problem."

A drinking problem is when you can't stop drinking. Same kind of thing with a drug
problem. Our incompetent POTUS has a severe twitter problem. Even a "math problem"
assumes the presence of, or search for, a mathematical solution, not a lack of one, lol.
Seems to me then, that an "opera problem" would be having too much opera - having a
severe addiction to opera - something most of us out here certainly possess, and
something none of us most certainly desire a cure or intervention for.

So, here's to "opera problems." May we all have them, to excess. ;-)