Subject: Coloratura singing for voices other than soprano
From: R PRADA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 29 May 2017 00:49:20 -0400

Handel, Mozart, (Bach), Rossini, Bellini and Donizetti all spread the florid singing around.

Rocky Blake did a whole CD of florid French arias. They are beautifully executed and show lovely tone.
Berganza in Rossini is yummy. So is Von Stade.

Sam Ramey in his early years did fine florid singing.

Look up the Mozart concert arias for bass.

Kraus has some Donizetti and Bellini, alsoRossini.

I am sure your confreres can give you more exact quotes.

Sent from my iPhone