Subject: Re: News about ROH "Don Carlo" May 29 matinee
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 31 May 2017 17:52:44 -0400

It was a matinee broadcast and I arrived expecting Leonie in her
signature role. Nope!

Sandor Konya was the indisposed tenor.
Stuff happens!

I went home, since I didn't have a ticket and was going to
buy a standing room spot.

Of course, there was the justly famous Christa Ludwig "Fidelio"
when Nilsson was unable to appear as Elektra in 1971, one of
the great performances in Met history. Donald, I just read your
post - am confirming your account, I was there too. Sometimes
it is better to change the opera, and this was one of those times.

Bob