Subject: Another sign that opera is dying
From: Peter Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 30 May 2017 02:05:13 -0400

In recent years I've enjoyed listening to Italian radio's all-opera channel at www.wr8.rai.it. Today they've posted a notice that they're discontinuing their wall-to-wall opera programming in favor of more general classical music programming. I'm sure it will be a good channel, but it's not the same. I had always treasured RAI 8 as a sign that at least in Italy opera was still sacred. If people aren't listening then I can't fault them for it. But it's still sad.