Subject: Re: Huge Voices
From: robert levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 29 May 2017 15:03:41 -0400

SUTHERLAND, on big D flats and naturals, was HUGE. Crespin from top to
bottom; Cossotto was terrifying. Vickers when he let it all out (the three
"Sangue"s) and was in really good voice; Cornell MacNeil above the staff.
Rysanek at the top had a glisten that made the chandeliers shake.
Nowdays, only Radvanovsky can compete in sheer volume - pls correct me if
I'm wrong. Any last-twenty-year singers with those earth-shattering sounds?
Bob