Subject: Re: question about coloratura singing - other than sopranos
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 30 May 2017 00:42:45 -0400

Praise the lord, lol. ;-)

And I won't try to persuade you about what current singers are doing, but I'd say we agree
about the vapid twinkishness that is Justin Bieber - though I do admire what Lady Gaga and
"Queen Bee" Beyonce bring to the table. But, I agree that they do not hold a candle - even a
wick - to the likes of the amazing Mahalia or Rosetta. ;-)

On Tue, 30 May 2017 00:09:07 -0400, donald kane <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>To Jon Goldberg: I bought my first 78s of Sister Rosetta in the 1940s, and
>lps of Mahalia Jackson, a decade later.   No one needs to instruct me on
>the quality of their music or their unique communicative power, nor can you
>persuade me that any of that has emerged among the Gagas,  Biebers, or

Modify your settings: