Subject: Re: question about coloratura singing - other than sopranos
From: Jason Victor Serinus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 28 May 2017 16:11:42 -0700

 Easy. First, there are coloratura mezzos, from Bartoli to Von Stade to
Horne back to Supervia and even Schumann-Heink. Second, there are
countertenors galore, including Daniels, Jaroussky, Cencic, and all the
rest who are now doing star turns. Finally, if you turn to early music, you
won't know where to stop, regardless of vocal range.

jason victor serinus

kurt youngmann <[log in to unmask]>

Attempting to explain =E2=80=9Ccoloratura=E2=80=9D singing for a friend, =
I=E2=80=99m trying to find examples of the style sung by singers other =
than sopranos. The only example that I can think of immediately is =
=E2=80=9CAh! per sempre io ti perdei=E2=80=9D from I Puritani. (Assuming =
that: A. the recitative is included and B. the singer is capable of =
performing it well! Matteo Manuguerra executes it beautifully in the =
1979 studio recording as does Ludovic Tezier in a live 2016 performance =
from Madrid).

Can anyone please point me in the direction of other interesting =
selections in other voice ranges?

Thanks,

Kurt Youngmann

"Diets usually leave a person aggravated, discouraged, and the same =
size." - Amy Lanou, PhD
---
Jason Victor Serinus http://www.jasonserinus.com     Whistler
Extraordinaire: **The Voice of Woodstock • The Pavarotti of Pucker**
Music and audiophile critic: Seattle Times, Port Townsend Leader,
Stereophile, Listen, San Francisco Classical Voice, Bay Area Reporter, Gay
City News, American Record Guide, Classical Voice North America, Stanford
Live, Opera Now, Copper, and more

"Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the
tormentor, never the tormented.” — Elie Wiesel

“This is a time to remember all of us who are LGBTQ. It’s a time to stand
out and be proud, to parade who we are, to celebrate and to let them know
we will not be silenced, we will not be stopped, we will not go back into
the closet. Together, we will love.” — JVS at our Orlando Massacre Support
Rally in Port Townsend, WA