Subject: question about coloratura singing - other than sopranos
From: kurt youngmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 28 May 2017 15:54:49 -0500

Attempting to explain “coloratura” singing for a friend, I’m trying to find examples of the style sung by singers other than sopranos. The only example that I can think of immediately is “Ah! per sempre io ti perdei” from I Puritani. (Assuming that: A. the recitative is included and B. the singer is capable of performing it well! Matteo Manuguerra executes it beautifully in the 1979 studio recording as does Ludovic Tezier in a live 2016 performance from Madrid).

Can anyone please point me in the direction of other interesting selections in other voice ranges?

Thanks,

Kurt Youngmann

"Diets usually leave a person aggravated, discouraged, and the same size." - Amy Lanou, PhD