Subject: Piazzolla's music, operatic and more
From: Jason Victor Serinus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 28 May 2017 09:44:23 -0700

https://www.stereophile.com/content/warner-classics-star-
studded-piazzolla-tribute

Newcomers to the music of Argentinean tango composer Astor Piazzolla
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astor_Piazzolla> (1921–1992) will
undoubtedly join the already converted in hailing the arrival of Warner's
two-disc CD compilation, *The Sound of Piazzolla*
<http://www.arkivmusic.com/classical/album.jsp?ordertag=Comprecom9444-2247160&album_id=2252484>.
Filled with one fascinating performance after the other, many of which were
transcribed for the particular forces at hand when they were recorded
between 1996 and 2016, this set will seduce many who are not already under
Piazzolla's spell.

Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/warner-classics-star-
studded-piazzolla-tribute#1Q7KXWLLR3QU07Li.99
—

Later today or tomorrow, stereophile.com will run my preview for the Los
Angeles Audio Show. You will be able to read both it and my coverage of the
show, which runs June 2-4, at stereophile.com. Coverage will continue to be
posted through June 9.

---
Jason Victor Serinus http://www.jasonserinus.com     Whistler
Extraordinaire: **The Voice of Woodstock • The Pavarotti of Pucker**
Music and audiophile critic: Seattle Times, Port Townsend Leader,
Stereophile, Listen, San Francisco Classical Voice, Bay Area Reporter, Gay
City News, American Record Guide, Classical Voice North America, Stanford
Live, Opera Now, Copper, and more

"Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the
tormentor, never the tormented.” — Elie Wiesel

“This is a time to remember all of us who are LGBTQ. It’s a time to stand
out and be proud, to parade who we are, to celebrate and to let them know
we will not be silenced, we will not be stopped, we will not go back into
the closet. Together, we will love.” — JVS at our Orlando Massacre Support
Rally in Port Townsend, WA