Subject: Callas gets between Sutherland and Butt
From: Jason Victor Serinus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 27 May 2017 10:34:37 -0700

I totally agree with what Les has said. Anyone who done their research
would have already discovered that when Clara Butt attended Joan
Sutherland's debut at Covent Garden, she was so furious at the power of her
rival that she went backstage and tried to body slam her. Callas, however,
was also on hand, and deflected the full force of Butt's butt.

jason victor serinus

From:    Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: in the good old days

This thread is a perfect illustration of human nature.
    Get fifty people together:  Tell the first person a fact about someone
and tell them to pass it on to the next person and so on.  By the time the
story gets back to you, it has turned into something entirely different.  I
conducted this experiment as a teacher in my History class years ago, and
there were approximately only thirty students in it.  The same thing
happened.  It's not vicious, but simply an indication of how the human mind
works.
> On May 27, 2017 at 10:09 AM Russ Geschke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

> Agree about this thread having gone completely off-track due to so many
not
> knowing what they're talking about.  NO to "Sutherland's second hand
> impression" as if you had bothered to read the information I posted
> yesterday, taken from articles in The Record Collector journal, you would
> have learned (Michael Aspinall likely/presumably having gotten this
straight
> from Sutherland) that she heard Dame Clara first-hand at a concert in
> Australia in 1933.
---
Jason Victor Serinus http://www.jasonserinus.com     Whistler
Extraordinaire: **The Voice of Woodstock • The Pavarotti of Pucker**
Music and audiophile critic: Seattle Times, Port Townsend Leader,
Stereophile, Listen, San Francisco Classical Voice, Bay Area Reporter, Gay
City News, American Record Guide, Classical Voice North America, Stanford
Live, Opera Now, Copper, and more

"Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the
tormentor, never the tormented.” — Elie Wiesel

“This is a time to remember all of us who are LGBTQ. It’s a time to stand
out and be proud, to parade who we are, to celebrate and to let them know
we will not be silenced, we will not be stopped, we will not go back into
the closet. Together, we will love.” — JVS at our Orlando Massacre Support
Rally in Port Townsend, WA