Subject: Huge voices (theme for a thread going on)
From: Scott Grunow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 27 May 2017 11:22:49 -0400

I met a guy years ago at one of Leontyne Price's last recitals who heard Stignani at a concert she gave at Chicago's Orchestral Hall, I think 1948. During this concert tour, she also included soprano arias, including Or sai chi l'onore and Casta diva, Anyway, he remembers his ears literally ringing with the sound she made; it literally pinned one back; I guess he was trying to describe the immense ocean of sound she could produce. In Rasponi's book, she is categorized, along with Elena Nicolai and Gertrud Grob-Prandl, as one of the "Huge Voices."

Mezzomaniac