Subject: Re: in the good old days
From: Max Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 27 May 2017 08:59:53 +0100

It could have been Stignani. I think Callas only because these were the performances in which Richard Bonynge described Callas' sound as "colossal, it poured out of her like Flagstad's did" and how in the lower notes, between Callas and Stignani, "you couldn't tell who was singing."  He was contrasting sharply with how she sounded just a couple years later, after her weight loss, as sounding thinner and more like "a big soubrette"

Max Paley

Sent from my iPad