Subject: Fwd: opera on old media (was Re: Boheme in English)
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 22 May 2017 09:17:56 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, May 22, 2017 at 9:17 AM
Subject: Re: opera on old media (was Re: Boheme in English)
To: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>

I never bought a complete opera on 45s, but I have in my hands a copy
of the stunning 12 by 12 inch libretto of RIGOLETTO, lavishly illustrated
with superbly printed original art, that RCA included in their lp edition.

There's no way it could have been satisfactorily reduced for the smaller
format.  Oddly enough, the TROVATORE lp album, with an earlier number,
had one of the mini librettos designed for 45s.

dtmk