Subject: Re: Bjorling-Bergonzi, et al
From: Mura Kievman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 25 May 2017 22:58:51 -0400

At 10:28 PM 5/25/2017, Kenneth Bleeth wrote:
>A well-known anecdote about Eileen Farrell:
>
>In his book ''The American Opera Singer,'' the critic Peter G. Davis
>recounts a story of Ms. Farrell's first performances with the powerhouse
>tenor Franco Corelli in ''La Forza del Destino'' in Philadelphia. After one
>duet, Mr. Corelli raced offstage shouting in Italian: ''Who is this woman?
>She has made me deaf!''

You remind me of the time when I was playing a Farrell rendition that
had been provided to us by -- oh, how can I forget this wonderful
man's name??!!  Bob Rideout will tell me ...

Anyway, my Danish soprano friend was staying with us and my computer
was in the guest room.  She came rushing over, saying "WHO IS THAT WOMAN?"

It sounds like that was a common reaction ...

Mura