Subject: Re: Bjorling-Bergonzi, et al
From: Kenneth Bleeth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 25 May 2017 22:28:22 -0400

A well-known anecdote about Eileen Farrell:

In his book ''The American Opera Singer,'' the critic Peter G. Davis
recounts a story of Ms. Farrell's first performances with the powerhouse
tenor Franco Corelli in ''La Forza del Destino'' in Philadelphia. After one
duet, Mr. Corelli raced offstage shouting in Italian: ''Who is this woman?
She has made me deaf!''