Subject: Re: Bjorling-Bergonzi, et al
From: Frank Cadenhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 25 May 2017 14:24:43 -0400

On Thu, 25 May 2017 13:43:38 -0400, Geoffrey Riggs <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>The below is fascinating, and just the sort of invaluable recall I was
>hoping for.  Thank you!  Let's have more of this, folks! -- and from the
>same generation!

A long time ago, I spoke with an older friend about Birgit Nilsson's success with
Wagner.  "She's loud," he agreed, "but, when Flagstad was at the Met, you heard
great Wagnerian singing."

I guess this thread will never quite end...

Frank Cadenhead