Subject: Re: Question to those with the longest experience
From: Paul Ferraro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 23 May 2017 18:35:08 -0400

I have sung in the chorus of 3 productions of Forza,  & while the monks'
scenes, especially the backstage support of Leonora in the "madre
pietosa vergine" are more than simply "moving " (a fellow chorister once
remarked to me - "and to think, they actually PAY us for this singing
this gift from heaven"), I would ever so strongly endorse completely
eliminating Preziosilla.  That "rattaplan" scene never was "right"; in
fact it was downright silly & exhausting - "plan. plan, plan/bif. bam
boom', all sung in rather fast tempo.  Not a single rehearsal failed to
give us a break from that hodgepodge.