Subject: Those Boheme highlights
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 22 May 2017 07:34:21 -0400

Preiser No 93433 contains almost every selection from that Boheme
except the Albanese solos. The CD is dedicated to Di Stefano and it
is a glorious compilation, including the two early jaw dropping arias
from Mignon. BTW, while we're on the subject of diction, Giuseppe
Di Stefano's was just about perfect. My first encounter with him
was on the EMI Lucia with Callas, and his enunciation of text was an
immediate show stopper. He was, at his best, a superbly
musical vocalist.

Bob