Subject: Re: Question to those with the longest experience
From: kurt youngmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 23 May 2017 10:46:06 -0500

This is true.

I saw all of Bjoerling’s Lyric roles. In those days I always sat in the top balcony and never had the slightest difficulty hearing him.

Wasn’t it Bidu Sayao who said that her ability to project made it possible for her small voice to be heard over the orchestra?

Kurt Youngmann

> On May 23, 2017, at 9:32 AM, Max D. Winter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> There are a number of accounts that suggest that Bjoerling's was not a large voice, in terms
> of sheer volume or heft.  What is clear is that it projected well, which made the size of his
> voice just fine for the roles that he sang.  Projection and clarity of sound are just as important
> as size in reaching the listener and putting the vocal line across which is, after all, what
> matters in singing opera.

“When you want to fool the world, tell the truth." - Otto von Bismarck