Subject: Re: SIRIUS OFFERINGS May 22-28, 2017
From: Wendell Eatherly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 23 May 2017 06:26:38 -0400

On Mon, 22 May 2017 13:18:29 -0400, RAYMOND GOUIN <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I can only speak about the Srius service that I use which is the Internet (non-radio, non-
car service.

>Sirius also improved its service by now offering a delayed start option when you log on.
When you do so, Sirius automatically broadcastrs the program from the start with your
having the option to instead go "live" So if you tune in to a historic broadcast of Siegfried
(for example) when the broadcast is two hours into the broadcast, it still starts you at the
start of Act 1.

>The only exception to the above is the live Met broadcasts. In such instance, Sirius only
goes back to the start of the Act that you are tuning into. So, for example if you tune in
to Act 1 of Tosca, you will get Act 1 from the start. But, if you tune in while Act 2 is
playing, the system will only send you back to the start of At 2 and not to the start of the
opera.

Actually, on the Internet player, you can scroll down on the page and start any of the
operas that have begun in the last five hours "from the top" by clicking on the link
(usually, it'll actually start with whatever piece was played right before the opera). If the
opera began more than five hours ago, you can still get whatever part of the opera was
playing five hours earlier. So, though it's 6:15 am Eastern time, I click on the link for the
"Cosi fan tutte" that began at midnight and it started in the middle of the "E voi ridete"
trio in Act I. When I get in the office and settled in, usually around 9:00 am, I could listen
to either the 9:00 am opera ("Werther" today) or the 6:00 "Aida". It also works on live
broadcasts, though as you mentioned, if you don't click scroll down and click on the link,
it'll still start at the beginning of the act currently playing.