Subject: Re: Fwd: Forza
From: David Kubiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 22 May 2017 15:08:12 -0400

I think even now the 'Sleale' duet has an internal cut towards the end.
Much as I hate cuts a note complete 'Forza' is asking a lot from a tenor.

While there is much to be gloomy about in today's opera world, restoration
of many traditional cuts is certainly cause for celebration.  Some of the
older Sirius broadcasts should have been billed as 'excerpts' from the
opera.  Callas never sang as much music in her 'bel canto' roles as artists
are expected to do today.

David Kubiak