Subject: Re: opera on old media (was Re: Boheme in English)
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 21 May 2017 22:33:25 -0500

RCA had released versions of their first "Rigoletto" Waren/Peerce/Berger), "Carmen" (Stevens), "Trovatore"(Milanov/Bjoerling), "Cav and Pag" (Bjoerling) in the 45rpm format. They left the notes and libretos in the 45 format and just let the little books slide around the much larger 33 and one third box. It seemed very strange. RCA never enlarged the books to accomodate the larger boxes. I imagine that this was a money saving strategy. If so, it was a lousy solution.