Subject: Re: John Cage opera (was Re: Boheme in English)
From: Mark Bartelt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 21 May 2017 18:55:26 -0700

"I also have a serious problem every time Sirius plays the
Romeo of Corelli"

Would that be a "serious problem", or a "Sirius problem"?  ;-)

"Okay -- back to my cage."

I was about to joke that "Hmm, I wasn't aware that John Cage
wrote any operas. ;-) ...  But then a quick wikipedia visit
uncovered this:

"Another new direction, also taken in 1987, was opera: Cage
produced five operas, all sharing the same title Europera,
in 1987-91. Europeras I and II require greater forces than
III, IV and V, which are on a chamber scale."

Have any of the OPERA-L gang seen this?  If so, what were
your impressions?  I'd never even heard of it.

Modify your settings: