Subject: opera on old media (was Re: Boheme in English)
From: Mark Bartelt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 21 May 2017 18:17:50 -0700

Re ...

"When 45s were all the rage(short lived for sure) I found
a Rigoletto in German although I cannot remember who the
singers were."

Was this just excerpts, or the complete opera?  And if the
latter, how many disks were needed?  A typical 45rpm gave
around three minutes per side, if my memory is correct; so
for a complete Rigoletto, that would be a _lot_ or disks!