Subject: Re: La Scala
From: Ombrarecds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 21 May 2017 11:40:00 -0500

The most ludicrous Tosca I've ever seen is Karita Matilla. Zero charisma or any attempt at portraying one of the benchmark roles in the operatic canon.
She had all the modern technology, hd, and all that crap. Nothing.
Look at Tebaldi in b/w, Olivero, Callas at the R.O.H. They understood and conveyed who Tosca was.
Now we have outstanding production values, and singers like Domingo(Bert Lahr) and the rest of that mess in Nabucco and all I could do was laugh and cover my ears.
As Momma Rose said, "You either got it, or you ain't".

Patrick Byrne

Sent from my iPhone