Subject: Re: La Scala
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 21 May 2017 10:29:22 -0400

I laugh at her Ed Sullivan Tosca too, and at almost everything operatic
that was performed in those days in front of a tv camera; none of it
should be considered representative of what those outstanding artists,
and they include Tebaldi, Bjorling, Corelli, Tucker, and many others,
were capable of, on stage.  The technology was primitive, the direction.
rudimentary, and the physical conditions, appalling.   Still, aren't we
glad that there was someone like Ed Sullivan?  Firestone?   Youtube
owes them a lot.

dtmk